Frequently Asked Questions
Where is your office located?
Our office is located in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
What are your office hours?
Normal business hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, Monday thru Friday.
When was American Cad Services started?
American CAD Services was started in 1989.
What is your ideology?
Our goal is to establish a long term relationship with each and every client. To achieve this goal all work is performed in a professional manner that delivers a product that meets and/or exceeds our client’s expectations.
How much drafting experience do you have?
Our management team has combined for over 42 years of drafting experience.
What CAD software do you use?
We create drawings in the software specified by the client, utilizing either AutoCAD or Microstation.
Where will the work be performed?
All work is completed in our Raleigh, North Carolina office. No work is processed outside of the United States.
What is a typical process for your services?
- Potential work, along with standard requirements, is delivered to our office (emailed or by mail) for review and pricing.
- The work is reviewed and any questions are noted at this time.
- A written proposal that contains pricing and a time of completion estimate is returned to the client for their review and approval.
- Upon approval a project manager is assigned to the project.
- The project manager will be the primary contact and will supervise the drafting required.
- All work is reviewed for standard compliance and errors by the project manager.
- A preliminary set of drawings in PDF will be electronically provided for review and comments.
- Drawings will be revised as directed by client.
- Final drawings (PDF and CAD files) will be shipped per client’s requirements (usually electronically or by mail).
What is the common means of communication?
Communications through email is the most common. Emails allow a written record of instructions and helps to alleviate most misunderstandings. However, we welcome communication by telephone and personal contact.
How much will it cost?
Since every project is different, a written proposal is provided prior to the start of each project. Once a relationship is established, the client at their discretion can opt for an hourly fee. This is typical among many of our repeat clients.
Is there a minimum charge?
Yes, our minimum charge for a first time client is $200. There is no minimum charge for established clients.
Can on-site CAD personnel be provided?
Yes. We can provide on-site CAD personnel using our Technical Staffing Services.